Papierfabrik Palm, Head Office in Aalen-Neukochen
The plant in Aalen-Neukochen is the origin and the head office of both, the Palm Group and Papierfabrik Palm. In 1872 Adolf Palm laid the foundation of our family enterprise, which is situated by the river Kocher and close to the strategically important train station in Unterkochen. A 100 years ago this site gained its own railway sidings.
Located on site are the company’s administration Offices, the distribution centre for the three German paper mills and the world's largest corrugated base paper machine with a capacity of 750,000 tonnes per year. Within the power plant is the world's first gas turbine of a completely new generation from Siemens, it’s effective energy transition is flexible to load fluctuations in the electricity grid. The wastewater treatment plant is of the latest technology and includes additional refinement processes that ensure excellent purification of the wastewater. The completely new paper mill went into operation in July 2021. It is a trendsetter for even lower basis weights of corrugated base paper and providing further ecological savings in corrugated packaging.
|Paper Machine||Application||Net Width||Annual Production|
|PM5||corrugated paper||10.90m||750,000 tonnes|