The Palm Group, with 4,200 employees, is a leading supplier in Europe of newsprint and corrugated base paper made from 100% recycled paper as well as corrugated, cardboard packaging.
Palm Paper Limited (PM7) is the UK site for the Palm Group based in King’s Lynn, manufacturing graphic papers. PM7 is the widest, largest and most powerful newsprint machine in the world with the capacity to produce 400,000 metric tonnes of newsprint, improved newsprint and magazine grades per annum.
About the Apprenticeship
- Typically 3 years
- CATCH College, Grimsby
- Accommodation and travel provided
- 27 teaching weeks, 1-2 week blocks online or on site
- End-point assessment
- Upon successful completion, qualify with a Level 3 Diploma in Process Technology combined with Level 2 and Level 3 Certificates in Paper Technology and could be offered a Production position at Palm Paper.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Willingness to learn new subjects and apply this to the work place
- Well organised and motivated to independent studies
- English, Maths and Science GCSE grade 9-4 / A*-C
- Good IT Skills, in particular MS Office applications
- Responsible and accountable
Actively participate in the daily operation of the paper mill, learning and getting involved in the operational and control of a variety of different processes onsite, including:
- Paper machine operation
- Automatic wrapping line operation
- Fresh water and effluent treatment plant
- Combined Heat and Power plant operation
- Laboratory and onsite chemical systems
- Basic mechanical experience
- Annual leave of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare
- Life insurance
- Enhanced sick pay
- Salary Sacrifice Pensions
- Salary Sacrifice Cycle to Work scheme
Apply now, become part of our investment into the future!
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline – 5th April 2024